Q1: What are MasterCard’s general comment guidelines?
Please remember that MasterCard does not endorse and is not responsible for any third-party content that is posted to the blog. MasterCard is only responsible for statements made by an authorized company spokesperson. This site is available to the public and the content provided is for informational purposes only. This site and the comments are moderated and MasterCard may remove inappropriate postings at any time. Inappropriate postings are postings that we find in violation of these guidelines. By posting you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the website and release MasterCard from any liability related to your use of the website. You also grant to MasterCard a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable (including rights to sublicense) right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any posting you provide.
Q2: What should and shouldn’t I do when I post comments to the site?
Below are some general guidelines to follow as you are posting:
- Post relevant comments
- Keep it interesting
- Remain transparent about any MasterCard affiliation or relationship
- Keep comments short and to the point
- Use respectful language in your posts
- Remember that parody, sarcasm, jokes, and exaggerations are hard to interpret online and can be misconstrued
- Post confidential information or content
- Post information or content, trademarks, images, videos belonging to third parties without their express consent or approval
- Use inappropriate or offensive language, hateful, threatening profanity or discriminatory language
- Harass, intentionally try to provoke or stalk others through commentary
- Solicit sensitive or personal information (such as passwords, email addresses, social security numbers etc.)
- Post the same comment several times during a thread or post off-topic comments (spam)
- Post anything that may incite legal action against MasterCard
- Act or encourage anyone else to act in any unlawful manner
- Post any inflammatory or false commentary
- Pose as someone other than yourself
Q3: Can you explain your moderation practices?
Moderation, by its very nature, is subjective. But we follow basic guidelines included here as well as compliance with US law. Please remember that MasterCard can update and change these guidelines at any time. In general, the best way to determine whether a comment is appropriate or will make someone uncomfortable is simple. Ask first whether you would find it inappropriate. Ask whether it violates any of the guidelines outlined here. If it does, then don’t post it.
Q4: Why am I blocked from commenting?
There are a few scenarios where a comment might be blocked, such as where a comment is abusive, off-topic, uses excessive foul language, or otherwise violates our guidelines. If a commenter has previously posted comments that are abusive, off-topic, or used excessive foul language, we may decide to ban an abusive commenter from commenting on the site in the future, even if the later comments are not abusive.
Q5: Why isn’t my comment posted?
In certain circumstances, pursuant to our guidelines, we will decide not to post a comment. Please keep in mind that we absolutely encourage relevant and timely comments that further the discussion and encourage dialogue about the topics and issues of the day. We do not post comments that are hateful, lacking a constructive point of view or that include statements that are untrue or unlawful.